HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Anyone familiar...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kamikaze

avatar

Posts : 156
Join date : 2009-08-14
Age : 27
Location : USA / Georgia

PostSubject: Anyone familiar...   Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:35 pm

.. with transparent weapon models such as this at all? What a Face



If so, link me! Very Happy
I'm just bored. Razz


Last edited by Kamikaze on Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/teh_horrorshow
Anthem

avatar

Posts : 268
Join date : 2009-08-13
Age : 25
Location : Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Anyone familiar...   Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:41 pm

Kamikaze wrote:
.. with transparent weapon models such as this at all? What a Face



If so, link me! Very Happy
I'm just bored. Razz

I am. It's actually just a shader that overlays the weapon model with a transparent texture (tinted red in this case). There are several models of this sort.

_________________

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kamikaze

avatar

Posts : 156
Join date : 2009-08-14
Age : 27
Location : USA / Georgia

PostSubject: Re: Anyone familiar...   Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:58 pm

Where do I get the shader files for this kinda stuff?
Or how could I edit with WinRAR, if that's possible?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/teh_horrorshow
Anthem

avatar

Posts : 268
Join date : 2009-08-13
Age : 25
Location : Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Anyone familiar...   Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:28 pm

Kamikaze wrote:
Where do I get the shader files for this kinda stuff?
Or how could I edit with WinRAR, if that's possible?

In the scripts folder you will notice the shader files for the weapon models. It generally points to another texture (like textures/effects/invisimap.jpg). If you want to change that change the texture it points to, or you can make a new texture and change the location file to where the shader points.

_________________

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kamikaze

avatar

Posts : 156
Join date : 2009-08-14
Age : 27
Location : USA / Georgia

PostSubject: Re: Anyone familiar...   Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:39 pm

Anthem wrote:
In the scripts folder you will notice the shader files for the weapon models. It generally points to another texture (like textures/effects/invisimap.jpg). If you want to change that change the texture it points to, or you can make a new texture and change the location file to where the shader points.

Ahh I see, so just in the: textures/effects/invismap.jpg, the jpg file, what good could that do to make the models see-through/transparent? ;o
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/teh_horrorshow
Anthem

avatar

Posts : 268
Join date : 2009-08-13
Age : 25
Location : Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Anyone familiar...   Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:35 pm

Kamikaze wrote:
Anthem wrote:
In the scripts folder you will notice the shader files for the weapon models. It generally points to another texture (like textures/effects/invisimap.jpg). If you want to change that change the texture it points to, or you can make a new texture and change the location file to where the shader points.

Ahh I see, so just in the: textures/effects/invismap.jpg, the jpg file, what good could that do to make the models see-through/transparent? ;o

The shader overlays the models with a transparent version of that texture (usually). That means that since invisibility is usually 98% transparent and it is overlaying it at 80% that the transparency is about: 78% ~ transparency. The invisibility texture itself has a shader that causes black to be invisible. If you overlay some red it will be red tinted.

_________________

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kamikaze

avatar

Posts : 156
Join date : 2009-08-14
Age : 27
Location : USA / Georgia

PostSubject: Re: Anyone familiar...   Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:45 pm

All that seems kinda confusing. Laughing
Could you be able to link me to weapon skins of this sort or make the .shader/.tga for me and send it over Xfire, please? Very Happy
Thank you. I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/teh_horrorshow
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Anyone familiar...   

Back to top Go down
 
Anyone familiar...
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» anyone familiar with cable-internet & powerline?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan |rps| :: Community Forum! :: Spam-
Jump to: