Clan |rps|
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ctf guide!

Go down 
+2
tool
titan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
titan

titan

ctf guide! Empty
PostSubject: ctf guide!   ctf guide! EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 3:47 pm

we've been playing some ctf recently and most people don't quite understand the dos and donts so i figured i'd make a very quick post about it.
I searched on the ql forums and found a bunch of ctf guides but they're all very bulky so i'll make this as simple as possible.

taking a 4v4 for example

1 d
1 mid (presuming the map has a mid like ctf2)
2 off

the defender gets all the powerups around the base, mega health, all armor. He needs all this because it is his job to by himself take down multiple attackers and to do so he needs to be stacked.

the mid generally takes a reail gun and kills / weakens all opponents entering his base making the d's like easier. By controlling mid it also means escaping flag carriers on your team can make it through the map uncontested.

offense are basically suicide bombers - throwing themselves at the flag over and over until eventually they manage to escape with it. as an offense try to steal the enemy defenders powerups hence making you stronger and him weaker. Make sure you practice all the rocket jumps helping to make your escape out of the base faster and make sure your offensive team atatcks as a unit rather than one after the other..

that's all for now hope this helped
Smile
Back to top Go down
tool

tool

ctf guide! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ctf guide!   ctf guide! EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 9:07 pm

/stickied and moved to server section Smile
Back to top Go down
Anthem

Anthem

ctf guide! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ctf guide!   ctf guide! EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 9:13 pm

I'm pretty sure the map list should be stickied Smile.
Back to top Go down
noghost?

ctf guide! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ctf guide!   ctf guide! EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 8:46 pm

now if you can get people to treat this like the bible with a few variations, you are on to something =] nothin worse than people not knowing how to play there position, also should get into the habbit of using binds, def the D needs to have binds

its the Ds job to let the team know which way the flag carrier is going, or if he needs help on a rush
incoming/outgoing low, high, mid all depends on the map sometimes different configs for different maps is good

someone should be timing powerups too letting the team know when they are coming, same with armors and mega and such if appropriate

takes some getting used to but really helpful, and much more effective than a ventrillo voice chat type deal.
Back to top Go down
DGK

DGK

ctf guide! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ctf guide!   ctf guide! EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 8:46 pm

i have an entire guide for ctf i should post
Back to top Go down
titan

titan

ctf guide! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ctf guide!   ctf guide! EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 8:51 pm

noghost getting people to play their positions in 1.16 is like getting a female donkey to suck its own testicles.. IMPOSSIBLE

try playing d when your team takes every single powerup around the base
and try playing offense when even after spamming quad quad quad 10 seconds before the respawn theres no team to help you make a push

oh well, they will learn!
Back to top Go down
noghost?

ctf guide! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ctf guide!   ctf guide! EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 8:55 pm

oh i know, funny you mention that, first thing i said when i played on your server, is "I guess ill play D, and dont touch my f*ing armors" lol, they didnt for the most part, it is a lot to ask, but if you get the same poeple playing together for sometime, these kinds of things can work, and as you know in other versions, some of this stuff goes without saying or you get banned no questions asked. but you gotta start somewhere, i know most people are new to really playing like a team, strategizing, but its really a beautiful thing once you get a system rolling.
Back to top Go down
titan

titan

ctf guide! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ctf guide!   ctf guide! EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 9:24 pm

yeah the reason I (try) not to get angry is because i remember my first ql pickup game I was on O and took the Ds mega health and he started screaming at me and I just had no idea Laughing

but yeah with pickup games every single night people are gonna catch on soon enough Smile
Back to top Go down
douche

ctf guide! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ctf guide!   ctf guide! EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 3:24 pm

www.massman.dk/ctf

this is for 1.32 (CPMA), but some apply on vq3 too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ctf guide! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ctf guide!   ctf guide! Empty

Back to top Go down

ctf guide!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan |rps| :: |rps| Server :: Rocket, Paper, Scissors-
Jump to: