Clan |rps|
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

QuakeLive: z3n1Th

Go down 
+4
NuclearWinter
Prince
titan
z3n<-
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
titan

titan

QuakeLive: z3n1Th - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QuakeLive: z3n1Th   QuakeLive: z3n1Th - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 12:15 pm

link doesnt work
Back to top Go down
shadow

shadow

PostSubject: Re: QuakeLive: z3n1Th   QuakeLive: z3n1Th - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 1:09 pm

titan wrote:
lol wtf how can you hate the match making just be thankful it has match making atall

q3a has no match making and noobs are still downloading cpma and getting their asses raped without whining every day =p and it doesn't NEED mods to survive either, osp was the most popular mod and esentially all it was was vanilla quake 3 with the extra bits people wanted that ID failed to put in. clearly on ql though ID is making sure to put these things in for example: cpma hit sounds, ya it's very small but it clearly shows they're putting in aspects of other mods to effectively make a perfect mod =p all mods would do is split up ql's community which is small enough as it is (especialy america) and ya as ex said it's just beta anyway I'm prety sure in q3as beta (if there was one) there wasn't cpma movement Razz

and ya zen im EU so.. D:

you should put a clan together though im sure a lot of decent 1.16 americans would join =]

I will not fully retort to that because I really don't want to argue with you. I just want you to accept that my points are valid.

If you didn't notice... Mods are the only thing that has kept q3a alive. How long until ql starts to die after everyone starts to abandon it for lack thereof? Look at every long lasting game... How many people are still playing vanilla? Modding is what puts the PC platform above all else.

BTW matchmaking sucks, I'd understand a ranking system, but forcing you to play with people who are "same skill" as you is retarded. Example, I play CA in tier 3. I see some fairly skilled people there, but for the most part, all everyone does is rail and run. That isn't skill, they do it to pad stats and improve kdr, which makes them appear "skilled" to the system. I'd prefer if it was based on experience (Example: Getting x amount of experience after completing a full game beginning to end.)AND statistics, rather than pure statistics.

Idk, don't reply because all you'll do is rage and flame. Just putting my 2 cents in.
Back to top Go down
Anthem

Anthem

PostSubject: Re: QuakeLive: z3n1Th   QuakeLive: z3n1Th - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 2:07 pm

shadow wrote:
titan wrote:
lol wtf how can you hate the match making just be thankful it has match making atall

q3a has no match making and noobs are still downloading cpma and getting their asses raped without whining every day =p and it doesn't NEED mods to survive either, osp was the most popular mod and esentially all it was was vanilla quake 3 with the extra bits people wanted that ID failed to put in. clearly on ql though ID is making sure to put these things in for example: cpma hit sounds, ya it's very small but it clearly shows they're putting in aspects of other mods to effectively make a perfect mod =p all mods would do is split up ql's community which is small enough as it is (especialy america) and ya as ex said it's just beta anyway I'm prety sure in q3as beta (if there was one) there wasn't cpma movement Razz

and ya zen im EU so.. D:

you should put a clan together though im sure a lot of decent 1.16 americans would join =]

I will not fully retort to that because I really don't want to argue with you. I just want you to accept that my points are valid.

If you didn't notice... Mods are the only thing that has kept q3a alive. How long until ql starts to die after everyone starts to abandon it for lack thereof? Look at every long lasting game... How many people are still playing vanilla? Modding is what puts the PC platform above all else.

BTW matchmaking sucks, I'd understand a ranking system, but forcing you to play with people who are "same skill" as you is retarded. Example, I play CA in tier 3. I see some fairly skilled people there, but for the most part, all everyone does is rail and run. That isn't skill, they do it to pad stats and improve kdr, which makes them appear "skilled" to the system. I'd prefer if it was based on experience (Example: Getting x amount of experience after completing a full game beginning to end.)AND statistics, rather than pure statistics.

Idk, don't reply because all you'll do is rage and flame. Just putting my 2 cents in.

Lol, nobody is raging or flaming. Modding will most likely be possible at the end of beta. Matchmaking is great because then you don't play against people who are tier 5 with people who are tier 1 on your team. The reason experience doesn't work is because people learn and grow at different rates. If everyone is forced to conform to the same experience system (after game points) then pros will be with beginners and beginners may play a lot but will be ranked with the highest ranking players as well.
Back to top Go down
shadow

shadow

PostSubject: Re: QuakeLive: z3n1Th   QuakeLive: z3n1Th - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 2:46 pm

That's why I said a combination! Do you read?! High exp + low skill = mid, High skill + low exp = mid, High skill + High exp = high. etc... That way you can't just play a few games and be top ranked/ top tier.
Back to top Go down
Anthem

Anthem

PostSubject: Re: QuakeLive: z3n1Th   QuakeLive: z3n1Th - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 3:16 pm

shadow wrote:
That's why I said a combination! Do you read?! High exp + low skill = mid, High skill + low exp = mid, High skill + High exp = high. etc... That way you can't just play a few games and be top ranked/ top tier.

Factoring both of those at once is nearly impossible and experience would become irrelevant due to the skill levels still overriding every placement decision for each player.
Back to top Go down
shadow

shadow

PostSubject: Re: QuakeLive: z3n1Th   QuakeLive: z3n1Th - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 3:30 pm

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Anthem

Anthem

PostSubject: Re: QuakeLive: z3n1Th   QuakeLive: z3n1Th - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 3:53 pm

shadow wrote:
Rolling Eyes

Lol, what?
Back to top Go down
shadow

shadow

PostSubject: Re: QuakeLive: z3n1Th   QuakeLive: z3n1Th - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 4:29 pm

Not worth typing.
Back to top Go down
titan

titan

PostSubject: Re: QuakeLive: z3n1Th   QuakeLive: z3n1Th - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 10:44 pm

shadow wrote:
titan wrote:

and ya zen im EU so.. D:

wtf how is that flaming O_O i was just making my points? you may get horny of drama but this is a DISCUSSION -_-

what you said about mods your right q3 would have died out without mods but thats only because after 1.32 id stopped updating and therefor as good as quake was it could obviously be used in so many other ways hence all the mods. What I'm saying though is that ql has obviously taken these mods into account and they're trying to in effect 'update quake' so if this was q3 rather than ql they're basicly making 1.33 :p and if they continue to listen to what we are asking for and what q3 mods have already given they can make ql so good that only a certain minority will actually want mods, and as I said all that will do is split up the community. Maybe it wasn't mods that kept q3 alive and it was infact the mods that killed it with people from vq3 branching off hence weakening the community which as we've seen in noghost can only snowball and in turn kill the game itself! Just my conspiracy theory =D if you want cpm physcis though , go play cpma =p

just a discusion anyway.. lol
Back to top Go down
Anthem

Anthem

PostSubject: Re: QuakeLive: z3n1Th   QuakeLive: z3n1Th - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 4:14 am

titan wrote:
shadow wrote:
titan wrote:

and ya zen im EU so.. D:

wtf how is that flaming O_O i was just making my points? you may get horny of drama but this is a DISCUSSION -_-

what you said about mods your right q3 would have died out without mods but thats only because after 1.32 id stopped updating and therefor as good as quake was it could obviously be used in so many other ways hence all the mods. What I'm saying though is that ql has obviously taken these mods into account and they're trying to in effect 'update quake' so if this was q3 rather than ql they're basicly making 1.33 :p and if they continue to listen to what we are asking for and what q3 mods have already given they can make ql so good that only a certain minority will actually want mods, and as I said all that will do is split up the community. Maybe it wasn't mods that kept q3 alive and it was infact the mods that killed it with people from vq3 branching off hence weakening the community which as we've seen in noghost can only snowball and in turn kill the game itself! Just my conspiracy theory =D if you want cpm physcis though , go play cpma =p

just a discusion anyway.. lol

This is actually quite true. The map files are version .47 while quake 3 uses .46. Quake live is simply quake 3 run through a browser with some engine, graphical and content updates.

However, it should be noted that Open Arena is considered Quake 3 version 1.42. Open arena is actually far advanced than usual quake, which is why it assumes that title. But it is a dead title now, like most mods.

Core: We aren't flaming or raging. I've always said that discussion is a good way to settle things within a clan, and this is the same. We are commenting on your comments as are you to ours.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QuakeLive: z3n1Th   QuakeLive: z3n1Th - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

QuakeLive: z3n1Th
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2